I LOVE movies, always have. Growing up, we always watched movies on TV. I remember Rita Bell in the morning, Bill Kennedy in the afternoons, the After School movies.
My favourite was Sunday mornings when I got home from church – Shirley Temple or Andy Hardy movies – it just wasn’t a Sunday without them. And, of course, Sunday mystery movie night – McLeod, Columbo, MacMillan & Wife – such wonderful memories! Okay, so maybe I’m showing my age, but I don’t care.
If someone were to ask me what my favourite movie is, I don’t think I could answer it. There are so many that come to mind. Maybe if I broke it down by movie genre, it would help to narrow it down. Let’s see:
- Favourite Christmas Movie – White Christmas or Holiday Inn (I loved Bing Crosby movies)
- Favourite Tear Jerker Movie – growing up it was always Brian’s Song, but since then, so many others come to mind (Steel Magnolias, Terms of Endearment, Beaches, Ghost, P.S. I Love You……just to name a few)
- Favourite Musical – Sound of Music (of course)
- Favourite James Bond Movie – Skyfall (I know, he’s not Sean Connery, but this was a good movie – just like the old days of Sean)
- Favourite Black & White Movie – Casablanca & To Kill a Mockingbird
- Favourite Action Movie – Avengers (I like the Marvel movies, what can I say)
- Favourite Kids Movie – The Never Ending Story (I know, you all thought I was going to say The Wizard of Oz)
- Favourite Feel Good Movie – so many to choose from (August Rush, The Soloist, The Big Chill, Mr Holland’s Opus, Nell….and those are the only ones that come to mind)
- Favourite Classic – Gone With the Wind (Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn)
I know you are all screaming out your favourites as you’re reading this, so feel free to share – I’d love to hear from you.